You are doing it wrong!!
Stop immediately or you will fail!!
If you are in B2B then you should check out the 5 practices/concepts which are widely rejected by today's B2B market and the realities against it:
1. In B2B Sales it is either Brand or Performance Marketing. Reality is, it is Brand for Performance Marketing.
2. In B2B marketing, Social Media is to show to the world about yourself. Reality is, Social Media is to speak with the world and add values to others.
3. MQLs (Marketing Qualified Leads) are the core deliverable for the B2B marketing team. Reality is MQLs do not generally give you the pipeline for the conversion of the leads, thus focus more on the hot leads or the leads who are actually in the demand for your service.
4. LinkedIn is for Hunt in B2B Marketing & sales. The reality is LinkedIn is a platform to connect with people and add values, build relationships & try to get inbound sales.
5. You should be always asking for sales from your prospects in B2B. The reality is you should be looking to solve their problem and help them and try to give values. This helps a lot in inbound sales.
What other concepts you feel are wrong in B2B marketing?
Let me know your thoughts in the comment box!!